Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Small Talk

Hi, my name is Question Mark Train. I am 27 years old, single and living in Manhattan with my sister. It was my lovely sister who gave me the name Question Mark Train because I don't mind getting lost. Matter of fact I am pretty lost right now and I feel great. I quit the job I loathed (fashion PR - barf) over a year ago and at this moment I am sitting in a finance office working for a hefty hourly sum as an executive assistant. I am only doing it for three weeks, thank the good Lord for that. Some people may call me crazy for liking this constant shift and change in my life (especially during the worst economy of our modern time) but it feels good to me; I'm not doomed to a never-ending ground hog's day. I've gone from logging 60 hours a week at a job I detest to doing nothing but drinking in dive bars with recent college grads (yes 5 years younger than me), to getting my shit somewhat together and substitute teaching (only once, does that count?) to temping at boring offices. Oh and I do freelance on the side...yes in PR, but I gotta pay those bills somehow! Eww why is this all about work?

Anyway this is my first leap into participating in the blogosphere. Instead of sending every thought, interesting article, rhetorical question and beyond to my friends and family via email - clearly demonstrating to them that I am surfing the web and NOT working, I will instead just put it all here. All aboard this train is leaving.....




5 comments:

  1. Ok, you have me searching my home state for earmark projects, because I, like you don't understand spending money on wants, when we have so many needs in these difficult economic times. But I am a little curious about the grapes, especially if it involves a holistic approach to good soil producing good wine! Love your blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be in the cornfield but you have to stand on your own stalk.
    More to come... got to get the corn out of my teeth so I can think straight. Doing a little more research. Looking forward to more blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you for quitting the loathed job and going after the big dream with the hopes of the big dollar to follow someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your BLOG. It gave me the insight that I have been looking for regarding the impact that our next generation will have. Apparently YOUR generation will not have the positive impact that we the Baby Boomers had always hoped for. Instead of a generation of "Can Do" earners, my generation is going to need to pay for our own retirement as well as the well fare of all of those in your generation who enjoy laying around and doing nothing while a few of us support your ability to lounge. Thanks for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what to have for lunch, and then I came here. Now, I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog as I sit here with a piece of delish Green Chile Chicken casserole, straight from the freezer (that's the true beauty of this recipe!)And, while on the subject, I must admit that I too watch the Biggest Loser while eating away.

    Loving your observations, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete