Friday, February 12, 2010

Regrets


I am a member or as they call it, an 'insider' of the OWN Network - the one that will eventually take over the world. That's right, the Oprah Winfrey Network, in partnership with Discovery Communications. As an insider you are sent a question to answer and through the insider feedback there is a possibility your answer could spark a show idea. Yesterday I was prompted to share my regrets. I don't really believe in regrets because the choices we make are what makes us who we are in the present and if you have regrets it indicates that you are regretful or disappointed in the result that is YOU.

However, there is one thing in my life that I can 100% say I regret. This is what I shared with Ms. Winfrey. Probably not going to make for a great show idea, but it felt good to write this down. Now I am going to share it with you.

I have only one regret in my life. I quit dancing far too early in life. Growing up I was a talented dancer of many styles including ballet, jazz and lyrical. I quit in grade school to only start again in high school and then quit again before college. Instructors could always see my talent but because of insecurity (feeling I wasn't good enough, sensitive to competitive girls that were envious of my quick advancement in class) I quit. During the times when I wasn't dancing and thus just watching a performance, my body would ache to be up there. It still does. I often dream about dancing and I have all the strength and flexibility I would have today had I stuck to it. The feeling in my dreams is exhilarating, like flying, but I am soon met by morning light knowing it was only a dream.

If you too want to share and/or join the OWN Network visit this link: http://www.oprah.com/own

Or if you just want to share via the comment section please do! And remember the Question Mark Train rules - you must have a username. :) Love.

2 comments:

  1. Ann, I know people say this all the time, but it is never too late to start dancing again. If your body aches to do something so much, then DO IT! All it takes is showing up to a dance class and I promise I will even go with you. So what, you spend $15-$20 on a class. At least you doing something that invigorates you and makes you forget that regret. You are far to passionate and determined to let something this easy to fix stand in your way of making you not regret anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do it! I knew you were a dancer the first time I saw you.

    ReplyDelete