Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not on the fringe

An interesting op-ed article from the NYT. Not saying I agree with everything Frank Rich has to say, but these generally are the articles you should read anyway. See and learn all sides.....http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/opinion/28rich.html?src=me&ref=general
Columnist Frank Rich claims the current public rage from certain groups over healthcare is not all about the bill being passed. I say this is true in regard to the rage that seeps from the racist bigots that run amuk in extreme fringe groups, which Rich exemplifies in his article. It is an obvious assumption that true progressive steps like a black president and an openly gay man in office is what gets these loony toons all rageful and nuts-o.

However, there are a lot of *normal* people that are not jumping for joy over the new healthcare bill either and it has nothing to with race or feelings of rage.
My aunt, affectionately known as Ouiser (pronounced Weezer) said it just right.

"Here's the story kids. I always wanted the big, fancy chocolate cake at the bakery but I couldn't afford it so I didn't get it. So now the cake has been bought and I'm fine with everyone getting a piece, but the problem is we can't afford it. This healthcare bill was rushed through and shoved down everybody's throats and there was probably a better, more responsible way to get this bill passed."

I can't argue with this common sense knowledge. Can you? If so please start writing....now...start. Yes, now.

You know the last poll I saw on TV said that 56% of Americans disapprove of the bill. Not all 56% represents these psychos in Michigan trailer parks ie: that disgusting militia group called the Hutaree. So I want to learn more about the 56%. The fringe groups are getting a lot of coverage but they should definitely NOT represent all 56% who are pissed about the bill. Agreed?


2 comments:

  1. I just want to speak up for the normal people from Michigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.americansarescaredofablackman.comApril 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM

    when the majority of Americans dont want something thats how you know you are on to something good. the 1963 civil rights act, which gave black people rights....majority of Americans were against the civil rights act......49% of Americans believe Jesus will return within their lifetime....enough said

    ReplyDelete