Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Under the Covers

Wow! Another guest blogger for your enjoyment. This one from my lovely friend Sam, who resides in sunny Arizona.

I wish I could be more surprised at the latest abuses by the Catholic church. It really has hit a new low, we are now hearing of a priest molest young deaf boys. It seems again these people feel they are above the law.

Quote by my favorite author:

Hitchens: The only worry [the Pope] had was 'Would this damage the church?' Would it hurt the church--not the children. Now what I want to know is this: what is the attorney general of the state of Wisconsin now going to do? Are we going to say these people are above our law. I appeal to people. I mean, that's what's being asked for. If you're a clergyman, you're not liable to the laws....let's not call it child abuse. It's the rape and torture of children.
To Rape and abuse and....ummm oh well, lets move him to another parish. Yah that sounds like a great idea. That should fix the problem. I mean this is absolutely disgusting. Anyone who had prior knowledge of this needs to come under indictment immediately. In fact this whole idea of the pope being anything of a role model or morally clear has become over the last 100yrs so horrifyingly false it's mind-numbingly obvious. The pope has routinely come to Africa and said basically “yah aids is a bad, a very bad disease but it's not as immoral as wearing a condom.” Ok, all I have to say is WOW. For someone to make claims like that against a preventable disease is so horrifying. As rational adults it's really time to start treating organized religion at about the same level of astrology. I will leave you with this quote.

"The church is always trying to get other people to reform; it might not be a bad idea to reform itself a little, by way of example

Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment