Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oh, the pursuits of Health

Well isn't this encouraging.....


In my quest to stay true to the Angie Diet, part of my lunch yesterday was steamed vegetables. Said vegetables included: carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.


Let's also note that I am suffering from sever allergies and my nose is so stuffed up I can not smell a thing!


So I take my steamed veggie goodness and sit at my desk. Here comes Neel, tall, skinny, young salesman, zooming past my desk, his suit rippling and clinging to him because of his waif frame."Does it smell like garbage in here to you?"


Neel is known for being a bit of a smart-ass so I look at him, glare and say, "No, it does not smell like garbage!" Thinking, 'whatever skinny, go find some investors.'


Then Feeney comes over and says "Ahh, yes, I knew someone made the steamed veggies. Smells like garbage."


WHAT?! I can't smell a thing - does it really? No wonder Neel said that. Two seconds later, Nick, the powerhouse trader from Scotland with the bizarre, twisted sense of humor and his All American, straight from the heartland sidekick, Matt come walking over. Their faces scrunched like "ewww, what is that smell??"


You can guess where it goes from there. I still can't smell a thing - but was ordered by Nick to eat my food immediately because we had investors coming over for a meeting in 15 minutes. As I inhale my food out comes Matt with an air-freshener can spraying like there's no tomorrow. He totally over-did it, which is clear since Feeney is nearly doubling over coughing and spitting up 'white lilies and linen.' Luckily for me I didn't smell a thing - garbage or lilies.

3 comments:

  1. Tisk, tisk dear friend. Broccoli and Cauliflower are not only known for causing serious "butt" breath, but each smell up the entire place for hours.

    Stay away from the two on dates and from now on, uncomfortable office settings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm...definitely a mistake..would not call it garbage but would vanquish you to the fire escape until eaten...

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those tightwads to cheap to provide a break room/kitchen where you could eat your food without worrying about being hosed down?

    ReplyDelete